Our workshops are designed to encourage production and development of new poetry by adopting structures that stimulate the imagination and channel creative energy.
A typical workshop consists of:
- General introduction to workshop aims and objectives
- Icebreaker activities to foster a sense of workshop community
- Introduction of workshop topic
- Guided creative freewriting to generate material that will form the basis of poems
- Group workshopping of selected topical poems (provided by facilitator)
- Creative time for individuals to structure and shape freewrite material into poems that reflect topic and workshop discussions
- Regroup to share new poems and receive feedback from peers
After the completion of each workshop, a facts sheet will be made available, either online or in print, that summarises the session and provides further avenues for exploration and development.